Podcast: Since the Brexit referendum, the trade policy focus has been primarily about how UK businesses will trade with their counterparts in the EU and around the world. But what about intra-UK trade?
A series of papers published by the think tank Europe Jacques Delors puts forward proposals that aim to strengthen environmental protection within an open international trading system. Borderlex’s Iana Dreyer exchanged views with one of the papers’ co-authors Geneviève Pons.
Borderlex spoke to Susan Danger, CEO of the American Chamber of Commerce to the European Union, on what EU-United States trade relations might look like under president-elect Joe Biden’s future administration.
UC Berkeley economist Joseph Shapiro is of the view that trade policy is “sending the wrong price signal” by bolstering trade in dirty goods in comparison to cleaner products, especially in Europe. Speaking to Borderlex’s Sarah Anne Aarup, Shapiro said that rather than raising trade barriers on dirty goods, focusing …
State of play in and analysis of a renegotiation of a Eurasian energy trade and investment treaty – a process where not everything is always at it seems. By Sarah Anne Aarup and Iana Dreyer.
After a week dominated by EU-US trade news, here some other developments in [...]
By Sarah Anne Aarup and Iana Dreyer. European trade ministers discussed ongoing [...]
The European Union can contribute a lot in addressing the ‘China [...]
- Week in Brussels: UK, Australia, Uzbekistan, US, customs union
- China investment agreement – breakthroughs on ‘level playing field’
- China turns up volume on EU business environment for its companies
UC Berkeley economist Joseph Shapiro is of the view that trade policy is [...]
State of play in and analysis of a renegotiation of a Eurasian energy trade and [...]
By Sarah Anne Aarup and Iana Dreyer. A selection of trade policy developments [...]
- Week in Brussels: New TDI cases, RoOs, Australia, sustainability debate
- WTO – EU to FAST: let’s go slow
- CTEO, trade deals, Western Balkans part of new EU raw materials strategy
Suddenly it all happened. Commenting on the outcome of an EU-ASEAN ministerial [...]
This summer, the European Commission withdrew trade preferences granted to [...]
The European Union and India decided today to upgrade their diplomatic [...]
- Week in Brussels: Hogan on US, France and CETA, Cambodia, CTEO
- EU to Cambodia government: engage or we stay the course on tariffs
- Cambodia EBA suspension in shadow of COVID-19 and November ASEM summit